Our school has many years of experience with students who have allergies. From mild asthmatic reactions to severe anaphylactic episodes, Upwey Primary School is a safe environment for your children. We have developed prevention strategies and trained all staff in reacting to such instances.
Here are a number of strategies in place:
- All staff are certified Level 2 First Aiders, Emergency Asthma Management & Anaphylaxis Awareness who attend annual refresher courses
- No nuts and no sharing food policy
- Student Health Care Plan in a number of key areas located throughout the school
- Procedures to identify at risk students and inform visiting/new staff
- Procedures to minimise risks for students while on excursion/camp and carry medications at all times
- Appropriate storage of medication and adrenaline auto-injectors
If you would like more detailed information, please contact the school office.