Upwey Primary School welcomes the involvement and active participation of all parents in the life and operation of the school.
You can (and are welcome to) become involved by:
- Being nominate/elected to School Council
- Joining a School Council Sub committee
- Becoming involved in the Parents’ Auxiliary/Fundraising Committee
- Helping in the classroom or in a particular program or project
All teachers at Upwey Primary School welcome parental involvement and assistance in classrooms. This help may include involvement in:
- Hearing reading
- Typing stories
- Covering readers
- Processing photographs
- Assisting with Extra Curricular Activities (eg. The annual “PASSIONS”-Recreational Activities Program)
- Helping with the P.M.P. program, sports and swimming program
- Participating in excursions, camps or the musical production
Other areas a parent may participate in, include help in the Library (covering and shelving books, etc.), assistance on sports days, fundraising (particularly for the Sausage Sizzle and UDEC Arts Festival), working bees and with clerical assistance in the office.