In 2012, Upwey Primary School dedicated a room to demonstrate our commitment to supporting the health and well-being of its students, staff and parents. Through consultation with the school community, this special space was created. The room is located just across from the sick bay in the administrative building.
This new space is used in a number of different ways:
- Restorative Chats between students
- Meetings with Psychologists and other mental health professionals
- Parenting books and other Resources
- Parent/Teacher/Principal meetings
- A place to feel safe and relaxed
We owe Jenny Mathews a big thank you for her beautiful mural of a tree which proudly covers one of the walls in the is special space.